Friday, August 19, 2016

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag 

Hi guys! Today I thought I would try a tag I saw on YouTube the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. Please remember these are just my opinions and they are not meant to be an attack on what you like.
Spoiler Warning: There is a small spoiler for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows mentioned. If you never read that book you may not want to read this list.

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
The Hunger Games. I just never could get into it.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. 
I don't know if I'd call it popular but Midnighters is probably the only one I can think of.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 
Ron and Hermione in Harry Potter. I really don't mind that they got together but I always hoped they wouldn't.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 
Romance. 

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Louis from Interview with the Vampire.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 
Stephanie Meyer.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
The love triangle does bother me because often times there's no story outside of the love triangle or even worse is there is a set up for a really great story that never gets told because the book is to focused on a forced love triangle.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Mortal Instruments

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book? 
I honestly can't think of any. Sorry!

I hope you guys enjoyed this! If you want to see anymore tags in the future let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment